The 2020 Culpeper Cycling Century has reach it’s maximum capacity as of Sunday, September 27th.
No additional registrations will be accepted for this year’s event.
Please mark your calendar for October 2nd, 2021 – for the 14th Annual Culpeper Cycling Century – registration will open in January of 2021 with early bird pricing.
To be notified of when registration opens, email Parks@CulpeperCounty.gov Subject: 2021 CCC
With registration numbers continuing to go up (yea!!!) we have made a few additional modifications to ensure the safety of all of our participants, volunteers and staff. Please re-read the information below. [updated 9-9-2020] Updated information is in Red.
COVID19 has definitely change the way we do a lot of things. The operation of the Culpeper Cycling Century is no different. We are still planning on hosting the cycling event this year, but are having to make a few modifications to ensure that we comply with all current CDC [Center for Disease Control] and VDH [Virginia Department of Health] guidelines so that we can ensure the health and safety of your, our participants, our volunteers, and our staff. Please read the below information carefully. The rest of this webpage is being updated as well.
- There will be NO day of registration. The last day registrations will be accepted is Wednesday, September 30th.
Event Check in
- Please remember, if you have a fever or are not feeling well, please stay home.
- To avoid long lines and large groups of people you may only check in during your designated mileage time that YOU REGISTERED for.
- There will be no check in’s during the 10minute gap – this is to allow staff to re-set lists and disinfect tables, pens, etc. again so that we can ensure your heath and safety.
- Please do not arrive early.
Check in Times:
- 100mile participants
- check in will ONLY BE between 7:00a-7:50a
- 60mile participants
- check in will ONLY BE between 8:00a-8:50a
- 30mile participants
- check in will ONLY BE between 9:00a-9:50a
- This is a Check-in and Go, event. Once you are checked in you may begin your ride.
- Before the event you will be emailed your “Check In Ticket” (liability waiver). Please be sure to print and sign and bring this with you to check in. This will help to speed up the check in process and also limit your contact with pens, etc.
- Check in will be inside the Church – enter through the courtyard on West Street and please follow directional signs.
- If weather allows, check in tables will be set up outside in the courtyard. The below two points will still apply if we are set up outside.
- While in line, please wear a face covering and maintain 6’ of physical distance.
- Please use the hand sanitizer that will be available before approaching the check in table and after leaving.
- Event T-shirts will only be guaranteed and available on 10/3 for those that are registered by September 9th. For these cyclists, your event shirt will be available for pick up at the event when you check in in the morning.
- Those registering after 9/9/2020 will not receive an event t-shirt.
Door Prizes & Souvenir Bags
- Due to COVID-19 we will not have souvenir bags or be offering door prizes this year to limit any unnecessary contact and handouts.
- Refunds are no questions asked on or before 9/9/2020. The request must be submitted via email to Parks@CulpeperCounty.gov.
- Refund requests after 9/9/2020 must also be submitted via email to Parks@CulpeperCounty.gov
- If you registered before 9/9, and your shirt has already been ordered. Refund will be less $20.00 – the shirt fee & processing fee.
- If you registered after 9/9, your shirt has not yet been ordered, you may receive a full refund minus a processing fee of $5.00.
- Registrations are not transferable to another person or year.
- Last day to request a refund is Friday, September 25, 2020
Facilities & Rest Stops
- Limited indoor restrooms will be available at the start / finish line.
- Portable toilets will also be available in the back of the church parking lot.
- Only portable toilets will be available at each of the rest stops.
- Majority of food items at the rest stops will be pre-packaged and self-serve.
- A few (oranges, boiled potatoes) will be served by volunteers.
- If you are wearing cycling gloves, remove them before going to the refreshment tent or hydration table at the rest stops.
- Please use hand sanitizer before using the water cooler and before choosing food options.
- Please maintain 6’ physical distancing while at the rest stops.
- All participants will receive a link to RideWithGPS.com to access the cue sheets and download narrated turn by turn directions.
- All participants will receive a link to RideWithGPS.com to print your own cue sheets before arriving.
- Printed cue sheets will not be available on-site.
- All courses will be marked with painted arrows.
- 100miles – Pink
- 60miles – Green
- 30miles – Blue
When You Finish
- When you finish the course:
- Please TEXT the SAG help phone number 540-718-7222 (which is listed on the cue sheets and within the RideWithGPS App) with your bib number and the word “FINISHED” so that we know you have completed the course. (example: 101 Finished)
- Limited refreshments will be available for all cyclists at the courtyard.
- Lunch will be available for 60/100 mile cyclists as well at the Church. Your lunch coupon will be attached to your bib.
- Burnt End BBQ will hand out both the BBQ sandwiches and the Vegetarian Wraps.
- Due to COVID19 restrictions we are unable to provide picnic tables for seating this year.
- We do kindly ask that once you finish your ride, please grab your lunch (if included) and go enjoy the sights downtown Culpeper.
Click here for a summary of safety guidelines that will be in place during the 2020 Culpeper Cycling Century.
What if I registered for the 60 mile but want to change and ride the 100 mile?
- You still need to check in during the 60 mile time frame, but you can certainly switch and ride the 100.
What if I registered for the 30 mile but want to change and ride the 60, will can I get lunch?
- You will still need to check in during the 30mile time frame but you can ride the 60 course. We are not able to offer upgrades this year. Burnt Ends BBQ will be offering food for sale, or there are a number of wonderful restaurants in downtown.
- However – make sure you are aware of what time the rest stops are open.
When is the last day I can change from the 30 course to the 60 or 100 course and get lunch?
- The last day to upgrade and pay to get the lunch is 9/30.